Gant Causse’s personal data protection policy
Gant Causse (hereafter “Gant Causse” or “we”, “our”) attaches great importance to the protection of your privacy and your data.
We are committed to offering very high quality products and services. Our repeat or potential customers have great value in our eyes and we accordingly seek to protect your personal data to best advantage.
Gant Causse’s data protection policy explains how Gant Causse collects, processes and protects your personal data when you consult our causse-gantier.com web site (hereafter the “Site”), when you contact us or purchase our products on the Site or when you communicate your data to us when you make a purchase in a store (even for receiving our newslettmaisers and other market research messages), as required by the data protection laws currently in force in the countries where we do business, in particular the European General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679, known as the “GDPR”).
We have introduced a solid data protection compliance programme, which includes the worldwide adoption of the very strict principles dictated by the GDPR in this respect. This programme includes:
- adoption of policies and internal procedures designed to guarantee compliance with current data protection laws and regulations;
- implementation of appropriate technical and organisational measures to apply the data protection principles.
Who is the controller of your personal data?
The Site and the sales (via the Site in store) are managed/made by Gant Causse, which must be considered the controller.
Any marketing communications are also sent to you by Gant Causse.
If you wish to contact us, please refer to the section entitled “How to contact Gant Causse for any question concerning data protection” below.
What personal data do we collect and how?
The information that you provide to us directly.
This information is collected online on the Site, for instance when you fill in the “contact” form, when you create your customer account and make a purchase in the online shop. This includes information you provide when you wish to be included in our customer file following a purchase in store and/or when you agree to be contacted to inform you of our events and collections.
Important: When we collect personal data by means of forms, including but not limited to electronic forms, we indicate the required fields with asterisks. If fields marked with an asterisk are left blank, you may not be able to access our products or services. Please ensure that the personal data you provide is correct/accurate, and do not disclose any content that is not specifically required by a questionnaire or by any other means we may use to collect data (such as commercial information, advertisements, personal creations, ideas or concepts).
Information about you that we obtain indirectly.
Other information concerning you is collected indirectly when you consult the Site. This information is necessary in technical terms for the normal operation of the Site, to improve your browsing experience or to enable us to carry out analyses with a view to serving you better by customising the online services that we offer you.
- Technical information, such as the IP address and cookies, concerning your browsing on our Site, for the purpose of logging in and identifying your country/city by geolocation;
- Information concerning your online profile and Site usage data (for instance: behavioural analysis by means of cookies and similar technologies, tracking your navigation on the Site, recording the products placed in your shopping basket);
Our Site does not specifically target children under the age of 15. Nevertheless, if we inadvertently collect information concerning minors, the legal representative of the minor concerned can exercise the rights of the said minor in his/her name and on behalf of the latter at any time (see below).
Why do we collect your personal data?
If you are a repeat or potential customer of Gant Causse, we may use your personal data to:
- help you browse on our Site and create and use your personal online account;
- give you information on our products and services and let you ask us any questions you may have on the said products and services, via our “Contact” section;
- enable you to purchase our products online (including the processing of your payments) and in our shops, and be on our customer file;
- enable you to benefit from our services, including after-sales services, in our shops or on our Site;
- meet our legal obligations, including among others the fight against money laundering, the fight against credit card fraud and the fight against counterfeiting;
- compile statistics and carry out commercial surveys;
- keep you informed of our latest collections, products, campaigns, fashion shows and other events, by sending you communications (by e-mail, by post or on your telephone: calls, chat, SMS and MMS and via third-party media platforms);
- allow us to better determine your interests and preferences so that we can propose customised offers and other services better matching your needs and desires.
How do we justify the processing of your personal data?
Our processing of your personal data is based on our obligation to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
It is also based on the need to fulfil our contract of sale with you.
We can also rely on our legitimate economic/commercial interest to offer you an attractive Site, propose appropriate offers, better understand your needs, answer your enquiries and fulfil our commitment to offer you uninterrupted after-sales services and a high-quality customised treatment in the long term.
To whom are we liable to disclose your personal data?
Within Gant Causse your personal data can only be accessed by a limited number of persons needing to know it as part of their jobs (for instance, the Customer Relations team, the Sales and Communication team and the IT department) can access your personal data.
Outside the Gant Causse company. Your personal data is not disclosed to third parties, apart from other Gant Causse entities and/or affiliated companies for the aforesaid purposes, and service providers acting on behalf of Gant Causse, on the basis of secure contractual agreements that include strict obligations pertaining to data protection. We more particularly communicate your personal data to service providers or suppliers that help us run the Site, conduct our business, provide you with services or protect the security and integrity of our business (including maintenance, security and IT service providers, hosting companies, payment service providers, marketing and advertising partners).
We may also be obliged to transfer your personal data to third parties if the competent authorities so require, in accordance with current laws and regulations. We may also need to transfer your personal data to another legal entity in case of a collaboration, joint venture, restructuring plan, change in legal status or any other similar event. In the event of a merger or sale of the company, your personal data will be transferred to our successor once and for all.
Data transferred abroad
Current statutory and regulatory requirements are considered before any transfer of your data abroad.
- Transfers of data outside your country are governed by appropriate contractual guarantees, which also comply with applicable laws and regulations;
A copy of these documents will be sent to you on request.
For how long do we store your personal data?
In parallel to our commitment to offer very high quality products and services, we consider that our products should entitle you as a customer to a customised treatment and to incomparable after-sales services, which may last for life for certain products. To that effect, and to guarantee you such services, we may need to keep your personal data as long as necessary to be able to provide you with the said services.
Your personal data will more particularly be stored up to your last use or last purchase of our products or services (i.e. for the duration of the business relationship), and in principle up to five years thereafter pursuant to the applicable limitation periods.
The cookies managed by Gant Causse are kept for up to thirteen months.
Gant Causse abides by the storage periods imposed by current laws and regulations. If your data is no longer needed to provide a service (including the aforementioned after-sales service) or if you no longer wish to be on our mailing list for newsletters/marketing messages, your data will be erased or archived in an anonymous or pseudonymised form in order to comply with current regulations.
What are your rights?
- A right of access and information: you are entitled to be informed in a concise, transparent, comprehensible and easily accessible manner of how your personal data is processed. You are also entitled to get (i) confirmation that your personal data is or is not being processed, and where applicable, (ii) access the said personal data and get a copy thereof.
- A right to rectification: you are entitled to have your personal data rectified. You also have the right to request that your incomplete personal data is completed.
- A right to erasure: in certain cases, you are entitled to have your personal data erased. However, this is not an absolute right and we may have legal or legitimate reasons to keep this data.
- A right to restriction of processing: in certain cases, you are entitled to have the processing of your personal data restricted.
- A right to data portability: you have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form, and the right to transfer this data to another controller without our hindrance. This right only applies if the processing of your personal data is based on your consent or on the fulfilment of a contract and if this processing is done with the aid of automated means.
- A r right to object to the processing: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data when this processing is based on our legitimate interests. We may, however, invoke imperious and legitimate reasons for continuing to process your data. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time for marketing purposes.
To exercise the aforementioned rights, please contact us through the channels indicated below with the following information: first name, last name, e-mail address or any other information needed to confirm your identity and enable us to process your request (your postal address for instance).
You also have the right to unsubscribe from our newsletters and other marketing messages at any time:
- simply by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each message;
- by filling in the contact form and stating in your message the nature of your request, as well as the e-mail address to be deleted.
Finally, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authorities in the event of a breach of current data protection laws and regulations, in particular the GDPR, but also any other national or regional law concerning the protection of your data.
What cookies do we use and how can you object to them?
Cookies contain data that a web site can transfer to your web browser and that is stored on your computer system. For instance, cookies placed on your system improve your online experience by enabling us to save your preferences.
- compile statistics and determine the relative volumes of traffic in order to improve the relevance and ease of use of the services we offer;
- provide you with suitable services and browsing by customising your user interface;
- communicate information to other web sites, media partners and social networks in order to send you relevant promotional and advertising messages matching your interests (third-party cookies)
We more particularly use the following cookies:
|Type of cookie||Necessary cookie/technical cookie||Analytics cookie|
|Purpose of the cookie||These cookies are essential to the normal operation of our Site and enable you to use certain parts of it. For instance, they let you navigate between different parts of the Site, fill in forms, purchase products online, etc. If you refuse these cookies, certain parts of the Site will not work or will work only partially.||These cookies let us recognise visitors to our Site, count them and identify the way they browse. This helps us improve user browsing and ensure they can find what they are looking for more easily and quickly. In particular, we use Google Analytics on our Site.|
|Name of the cookie||cookie_notice_accepted||_ga _gat _gid|
|Own cookie/third-party cookie||Own cookie||Google Analytics for every 3|
|Storage period||12 months||13 months for every 3|
We may also collect your IP address in an abbreviated and unreadable form that cannot identify you.
If you wish to configure your browser in such a way as to disable the installation of cookies, follow the instructions below:
For Mozilla Firefox: select the “Tools” menu then “Options”. Click the “Privacy” icon, locate the “Cookies” menu and select your preferred options.
For Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and later versions: select the “Tools” menu then “Internet options”. Click the “Privacy” tab and select the desired level with the slider.
For Opera 6.0 and later versions: in the “File” menu, select “Preferences” then click “Privacy” and select the desired options.
For Safari: in the Safari menu, select “Preferences” then click “Security” and select the desired options.
For Google Chrome: select the Chrome menu then “Settings” and click “Advanced settings”. In the Privacy section, choose “Content settings”, then in the “Cookies” part you can select your options.
Be aware that the fact of restricting cookies can adversely affect your user experience and prevent you from using parts of our web site.
How to contact Gant Causse for any question concerning data protection:
To exercise your rights, send your request:
- by post: to Gant Causse, 5 Boulevard des Gantières – BP 90228 12102 Millau
- by e-mail: to email@example.com
- by telephone: by calling +33 (0)5 65 60 03 05
This policy concerning data protection was updated on 19.06.20. With regard to any modifications liable to be made to this Policy, please consult the “Personal data” section on our web site at regular intervals. We will inform you of any significant modifications by any appropriate means.